Friday, May 22, 2009

(Memorial Day Respite)

As I said after Week 8, it's nice to take a break every several posts.  The comments section is seeing a lot of responses (and verbose ones at that), and Memorial Day weekend seems as good a time as any to postpone.  

Regardless of your faith, I hope you take a moment this weekend to remember the sacrifices of our veterans.  I was tasked years ago with an assignment that required me to interview my grandfather about his remembrances of World War II.  I dreaded it (like most teens would), but the all-too-brief time I spent with him as he told me about his brethren is among my most treasured memories.  This weekend, I urge you to take note of their sacrifices and to perhaps say a prayer of gratitude (or to simply give gratitude) for those who have served this country so honorably.  

I look forward to next week.  

No comments: